Home > Industrial, Shock > Missouri Man receives 480 Volt Shock from Meter Box

Missouri Man receives 480 Volt Shock from Meter Box

SIKESTON, MO –  Emergency personnel responded to a report of a 65-year-old BMU worker being electrocuted. “He was just going to pull a meter and he got his hand in the meter box too far,” said Kenny Stokes, distribution superintendent for Sikeston Board of Municipal Utilities (BMU), a city-owned utility providing the city of Sikeston with electric, water, sanitary sewer and Internet services.  The worker reportedly was alert when emergency personnel arrived and did not suffer any burns from the 480-volt shock, Stokes said, as it “jarred him out” of contact with the meter box. He was taken by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center and released from the hospital by about 3:30 p.m. that same day according to Stokes.  

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: