Home > Fatalities, Home, Shock > Kentucky Man Killed in Electrical Accident using Electrical Cord

Kentucky Man Killed in Electrical Accident using Electrical Cord

LINCOLN COUNTY, KENTUCKY – A Lincoln County man died Friday after he was electrocuted by an extension cord.

Michael Shearer, 40, of Ky. 1247, south of Stanford, was pronounced dead Friday night at Fort Logan Hospital, said Farris Marcum, Lincoln County coroner. The electrical accident happened about 8:30 p.m.

Marcum said Shearer had a fifth-wheel camper in his yard. The camper had an electrical problem and Shearer had plugged an electric cord to the camper.

“He had drop cord plugged in to the camper. He was on the ground checking it. He came into contact with the cord and the ground fault plug on the cord was broke off so it didn’t ground. When he reached up to touch a support bar of the camper, it shocked him,” Marcum said.

His wife went to check on him and found him by the camper, Marcum said.

Story Via amNews.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: