Home > Arc Flash, Industrial, Shock > TX Man Receives Electrical Arc While Working On Substation

TX Man Receives Electrical Arc While Working On Substation

MISSION, TEXAS – John Chavez is hospitalized in San Antonio after suffering third-degree burns to most of his body.  It happened during an accident at an electrical substation.

Police say the 46-year-old man was working on a ladder when electricity arced from a transformer to him.

“It was an arc from the coil to his chest. He was thrown off the ladder and landed about 10 feet away,” says Mission Deputy Fire Chief Rene Lopez Jr.

Chavez is a subcontractor, who had helped construct the power station.

His family tells CHANNEL 5 NEWS he is being treated at Brooke Army Medical center in San Antonio for burns to 60 percent of his body.

Story Via KRGV.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: