Home > Fatalities, Industrial > Electrical Worker Dies in FL, OSHA Investigating

Electrical Worker Dies in FL, OSHA Investigating

PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA – An employee of a company doing electrical work at a Port Orange business was electrocuted Monday.

The accident that claimed the life of 59-year-old Wade Leonard Madole of Daytona Beach is under investigation by the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration, Port Orange police Capt. Frank Surmaczewicz said.

The accident occurred just after 5 p.m. at NorthStar U.S. Food Service, 5425 S. Williamson Blvd., Surmaczewicz said.

Madole worked for Davco Electrical Contractors Corp and was working on buried electrical piping on the north side of the business complex, Surmaczewicz said. The man was taken to Halifax Hospital in Port Orange, where he died at 5:51 p.m., he said.

Tonya Gilardi, spokeswoman for the Port Orange Fire Department, said Madole awas with another worker when he touched a bare wire. Both workers thought the power to the wire had been turned off, she said.

Story via Orlando Sentinel

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. October 14, 2010 at 5:26 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: