Home > Industrial, Shock > Xcel Energy Worker Shocked by 15,000 Volts at 3M

Xcel Energy Worker Shocked by 15,000 Volts at 3M

MAPLEWOOD, MINNESOTA – An electrical worker was taken to the hospital by ambulance after being shocked at 3M headquarters Wednesday morning.

The worker was with Xcel Energy and was hit by about 15,000 volts of electricity at a power substation, where he was working.

According to a company spokesperson, the worker was conscious, breathing and alert when the ambulance departed the scene in Maplewood.

The accident happened at about 9 a.m. and kicked off power at the 3M campus for about a half hour until backup systems could kick back in.

The cause of the electrical shock was not immediately available.

Story via wcco.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: