Home > Fatalities, International, Shock > Man in India Fatally Electocuted by Rat Trap

Man in India Fatally Electocuted by Rat Trap

GAZIPUR, INDIA — A man has died when he was accidentally electrocuted by a jerry-rigged electric trap, designed to kill rats, in Gazipur.

The accident occurred at 6am on Monday, at Bhawal Jamalpur village under Kaliganj Upazila.

The deceased was identified as Masud Sarker, 20, son of Fatik Sarkar, Union chairman Harun-ur-Rashid told bdnews24.com. Sarker was a worker of Pran Juice Factory in the area.

Abdul Malek, a local of the village, had devised an electric trap, made with a fish net, to kill rats. He had installed the trap in the paddy field near the Angarakur marsh. Sarker was electrocuted at the spot when he had lifted the fish net, from the marshland near the field.

Kaliganj Police station sub-inspector Mohammad Rezaul Karim, confirming the authenticity of the incident, said that no case has been filed, till the filing of this report.

Story via bdnews24.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: