Home > Industrial, Shock > NY Transit Worker Injured by Electrical Shock

NY Transit Worker Injured by Electrical Shock

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK – A transit worker was burned early this morning in a Brooklyn rail yard when he came into contact with the third rail while making repairs.

The transit worker was inspecting a train shoe that had sheared off when he came into contact with the electrified rail at 2:00 a.m. in the East New York yard on Linwood Street near Hegeman Street, officials said.

The worker was rushed to Brookdale Hospital with burns to his arm. Transit officials are investigating why part of the train remained electrified while the employee was conducting maintenance.

Story via New York Post

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: