Home > Electrical Fire, Industrial > Electrical Fire Ignites Professional Building in TN

Electrical Fire Ignites Professional Building in TN

KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE – Fire crews were able to put out an electrical fire that sparked Saturday on the top floor of a six-story Knoxville building.

Knoxville Fire Department officials said the fire was reported just after 7 a.m. at the Newland Professional Building. That’s in the 2000 block of Laurel Avenue at Fort Sanders Medical.

Independent contractors were working on a re-wiring project when an electrical panel sparked and ignited areas inside the building.

KFD officials said there were only Fort Sanders security personnel and contractors in the building at the time.

An electrical worker was sent to UT Medical Center for smoke inhalation and a firefighter was treated at the scene for heat exhaustion. No other injuries were reported.

The fire was out by about 8:30. Crews let the building clear of smoke and then checked for hot spots to prevent any potential fire hazards.

Story via WATE.com

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Services

Advertisement

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: