Home > Electrical Fire, Industrial > $100K Fire at Rite Aid in FL Ruled Electrical Short

$100K Fire at Rite Aid in FL Ruled Electrical Short

GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA – The cause of Thursday morning’s fire at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on South Enota Drive in Gainesville has been determined.

“The fire was from an electrical short in a condensation unit on top of a drink cooler,” said Gainesville Fire Chief Jon Canada.

Canada said the fire caused more than $100,000 worth of damage to the building. He said all of the contents inside the store will probably have to be discarded because of the smoke damage, increasing the damage estimate significantly.

Canada said the store will remain closed for several weeks, and he says Rite Aid officials will have some kind of plan in place for its pharmacy customers.

Emergency personnel responded to the fire around 11 a.m.

“Upon our arrival of our first units they reported heavy smoke coming from the building,” Canada said. “We made an interior attack on the fire. We did have a good bit of fire inside of the business.”

Crews from three fire stations remained on the scene removing debris and putting out hot spots and tracing the cause of the fire. Customers and employees were inside the building when the fire broke out but they were all able to get out without injury.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: