Home > Fatalities, Home, International, Shock > 2 in India Die of High Voltage Electric Shock at Home

2 in India Die of High Voltage Electric Shock at Home

KARWAR, INDIA – Two fishermen died and two injured of electric shock due to high voltage flow in their switchboard at their residences in Karwar.

The deceased were identified as Shankar Peru Durgekar(39) and Theku Harikantara (50) both were fishermen.

According to the sources, at about 4 am Theku was getting ready to go for fishing when he heard the TV set exploding and when he tried to put off the TV switch, he suffered electric shock and died. His wife Godavari and daughter Ranjita, who tried to rescue him, suffered serious injuries and have been admitted to Karwar civil hospital.

Another deceased Shankar Peru Durgekar was the neighbourer of Theku , who was also died when he tried to switch off the board after noticing the sound in a fan. A case of negligence has been filed against Hubli Electric Supply Company (HESCOM) which supplies power to Uttar Kannada district.

Story via SahilOnline.org

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: