Home > Fatalities, Home, International, Shock > Poacher Electrocuted in India by Electric Fence

Poacher Electrocuted in India by Electric Fence

ERODE, INDIA –  A poacher was electrocuted and another sustained burns in the Sathyamangalam forest, police said today. The two had tried to enter a private land last night to fell trees and came in contact with an ‘electric’ fence put by the owner to scare away wild animals. The land owner is absconding. Police said as per rules, the fence should be charged using batteries but the farmer had provided electricity connection to the fence which is an offence.
Story via ibnlive.in.com

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: