Home > Fatalities, Home, International, Shock > 3 Family Members Electrocuted in Phillipines

3 Family Members Electrocuted in Phillipines

MANILA, Philippines – A father and his two sons died after being electrocuted in Cagayan province Tuesday, but police said the incident was not related to the rains in the area.

In a phone interview Wednesday, provincial police chief Senior Superintendent Mao Aplasca said Antonio Saring and his two sons Elton and Apolinario died after being electrocuted from their clothesline made from wire in Barangay (village) Sapping, Calamaniugan town.

Investigation revealed that Antonio’s daughter Amalia was hanging clothes from their clothesline shortly before 6 a.m. when she was suddenly electrocuted. The wire was apparently connected to a steel pipe from their neighbor that was also close to the CAGELCO main line.

The CAGELCO line was apparently grounded, causing the electrocution.

Antonio was able to save his daughter from electrocution but ended up being electrocuted himself, Aplasca said.

His two sons tried to save him but were also electrocuted.

The three were brought to the hospital but were pronounced dead on arrival.

Aplasca said they are looking at the possible liability of CAGELCO as they should have made sure that all their electrical lines are functioning properly.

Story via newsinfo.inquirer.net

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: