Home > Electrical Fire, Industrial > Electric Short Causes Fire at Church in TX

Electric Short Causes Fire at Church in TX

BROWNSVILLE, TX – The fire that forced a church to hold service outside is believed to have been an accident, according to the Brownsville fire chief.

Fire investigators say an electrical short started under the stage of Brownsville Fellowship Christian Church on Central Boulevard yesterday morning.

Investigators say a Christmas tree inside was not the source of the fire, but that the electrical short started the blaze and spread to the tree.

The church was forced to hold service outside Sunday morning. The building has major smoke damage.

Story via KRGV.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: