Home > Industrial > CA Boy Causes Electrical Arc at Ice Rink

CA Boy Causes Electrical Arc at Ice Rink

Temecula, CA – The outdoor ice-skating rink in Old Town Temecula is safe following Sunday’s incident in which electricity arced from a nearby power supply source, the rink’s manager said this morning.

No one was reported hurt in the incident, which forced the 50-by-70-foot rink’s closure for several hours.

Meagin Ramiro, who manages the rink for Colton-based Studio 33, said a young boy on a scooter accidentally came in contact with a rod sticking about 6 inches out of the ground. At the same time, the boy touched a city electrical box, causing electricity to arc, she said.

Ramiro, who was on site, said she immediately called 911. The boy was checked out and the rink evacuated as a precaution, she said.

Ramiro said the rod, which might have been driven through live wires, had nothing to do with the rink’s operation. The rink relies on a generator for its power, she said.

She added she offered refunds or return passes to the affected skaters. The rod has since been sawed off so it is level with the ground, she said.

“(The accident) was a complete fluke,” Ramiro said.

Story via pe.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: