Home > Home, Shock > Woman Shocked by sidewalk grate in DE

Woman Shocked by sidewalk grate in DE

According to police, the woman and her 14-year-old son were walking on the sidewalk underneath the 141 overpass when she stepped on the grate, exposing a live electrical wire underneath it. The woman was electrocuted and knocked to the ground by the charge, police said. She was able to call 911 on her cell phone and was transported to Christiana Hospital where she was being treated for injuries police say were not life threatening.

Police say the Delaware Department of Transportation made repairs to the area immediately after the 5:45 p.m. incident occurred.

Story via CommunityPub.com

<!– –>

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: