Home > Fatalities, Industrial, International, Shock > Lineman Electrocuted When Power Switch On

Lineman Electrocuted When Power Switch On

Imphal, INDIA – January 05 2011: A Lineman of Electricity Department was electrocuted when the power line was accidentally switched on from the power station while he was repairing a transporter.

According to police report, the incident occurred at around 10.30 am on January 2 at Lalambung Makhong Takhellambam Leikai, Imphal.

Koijam Kora (60), a lineman attached with the power sub-station at Lamphel was climbing atop a pole to repair a transporter when the power line was accidentally switched on from the power station.

The current passed through him and he felled down on the ground.

Kora died on the spot.

Originally from Lalambung Takhellambam Leikai, Kora shifted his house and was staying near Thangmeiband Gurukul ground.

The body has been handed over to his family members after post-mortem examination at RIMS.

Story via e-pao.net

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: