Home > Fatalities, Industrial, International, Shock > Electrician Killed Wiring Hospital in

Electrician Killed Wiring Hospital in

Bangalore, India – Basavaraj from Hunsur was engrossed in wiring work on the terrace of an under construction eight-storey building on the Bowring hospital premises when he accidentally touched a live wire and suffered burns. He was rushed to the hospital’s emergency ward where he was declared brought dead, police said.

Basavaraj was working with the Bowring Hospital for the last three years. According to police, he was not a fully skilled electrician.

However, his brother Harish claimed that Basavaraj had turned off the main switch while working, and someone might have switched it on later, resulting in his death.

“We were informed about the mishap around 7 pm. We reached Bangalore around 1 pm. The body was not shown to us till Monday afternoon. It was only at 3.30 pm that the body was handed over to us,” Harish told Deccan Herald.

The police have booked a case of negligence against Nagarjuna Construction Company that is constructing the building.

Story via DeccanHerald.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: