Home > Fatalities, Home, Shock > Girl Electrocuted in South Africa

Girl Electrocuted in South Africa

Johannesburg, South Africa –  Paramedics said on Monday that a two-year-old girl was apparently electrocuted in Bezuidenhout Valley

According to Netcare 911 spokesman Chris Botha the child’s mother heard a shout and found the girl lying unresponsive in the servant’s quarters just after she had a bath and went out to play with her brother at 14h55.

Botha said : “Netcare 911 paramedics arrived on scene to find the child in cardiac and respiratory arrest.

“They immediately placed the child on a ventilator and fervently proceeded to do advanced life support resuscitation on the child.”

He said that the medics loaded the critically injured girl into an ambulance and continued with resuscitation efforts all the way to the Charlotte Maxeke Hospital.

“Tragically she was declared dead soon after her arrival at hospital.”

Botha said that the exact details that led to the girl’s collapse would be a matter for police investigation.

Story via Newstime.co.za

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: