Home > Fatalities, Home, International, Shock > Woman in Zambia Electrocuted by Touching Live Wire

Woman in Zambia Electrocuted by Touching Live Wire

A-36-year-old man of Kanakantapa in Chongwe in Lusaka Province has committed suicide after his wife died following her electrocution.

A neighbour to the deceased couple Royce Chizuka confirmed the incident to ZANIS today and named the couple as Mwanje Banda and Chisoni Mumba.

Ms Chizuka said the woman died on the spot at a farm last night around 24 hours after she touched a naked live wire.

She said following his wife’s death, the man drank home pesticide and was rushed to Kanakantapa rural health centre where he died this morning around 10hours.

Meanwhile, Chongwe District Commissioner (DC) Japhen Mwakalombe has warned residents against engaging unqualified technicians to do electrical wiring of their houses and other infrastructure to avoid incidents of people being electrocuted.

The bodies of the couple are lying in Chongwe District mortuary awaiting postmortem and burial.

The couple has left behind four children, the eldest is 12 years and the youngest is four months.

Story via LusakaTimes.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: