Home > Fatalities, Industrial, International, Shock > Electrician Killed While Not Wearing Right PPE

Electrician Killed While Not Wearing Right PPE

Northern Territory, Australia –  WorkSafe says a man who died in Darwin’s rural area was electrocuted when he touched a damaged wire.

The 66-year-old electrician was called to a house in Howard Springs last Thursday, to repair a power line damaged by a storm.

WorkSafe says tree branches had fallen on the line and the man was electrocuted when he tried to reconnect it with a power pole.

WorkSafe says the man wasn’t using the right protective equipment and didn’t have the tools to check if the line was damaged.

WorkSafe has issued a safety alert, urging all contractors to be extremely careful when working with damaged power lines.

Story via abc.net.au

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: