Home > Industrial, Shock > Lineman Loses Hands In Electrical Accident

Lineman Loses Hands In Electrical Accident

Imagine waking up in a Denver hospital and finding that you no longer have hands.

That is exactly what happened to Samoana Matagi just before Christmas this past year. Sam was severely burned in an electrical accident while working as a lineman in a small Colorado town. Nearly 15,000 volts of unbridled electricity raged through Sam’s body, leaving his hands irreparably damaged.

One of the first people contacted about this tragedy was Sam’s older brother, Fatu Matagi. Fatu says that the phone call he received left him “feeling numb.” He immediately trekked from his home in Bountiful to the hospital in Denver where both of Sam’s deadened hands had been amputated at the mid forearm.

Story via DeseretNews.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: