Home > Fatalities, Home, International, Shock > Man Electrocuted While Using Lamp Outside

Man Electrocuted While Using Lamp Outside

Police today named a 38-year-old man who was electrocuted while using a poorly insulated lamp in eastern Bay of Plenty.

He was Paul Farrar from Auckland.

The father of three was found dead by his aunt along Waiotahi Valley Road in Opotiki, 60km south-east of Whakatane, about 8am on Tuesday, Opotiki police Sergeant Mike McKenzie said.

“She was visiting up at the marae next door and when she was driving out, she saw him. He was outside.”

Farrar was on holiday, moving a portable cabin to family land near the Maromahue marae.

He was thought to have been using a lamp outside in wet weather with poorly insulated electrical cords.

Story via TVNZ.co.nz

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: