Home > Fatalities, Industrial, Shock > Southern Electric Utility Worker Electrocuted

Southern Electric Utility Worker Electrocuted

Denton County, TX – A Waxahachie utility worker was electrocuted Monday afternoon while working to replace a power pole in a Double Oak neighborhood in Denton County.

Jacob Lee Willis, 32, was working on a power pole replacement crew with the Southern Electric Corp. at about 12:12 p.m. in the 100 block of Meadow Knoll Road when an energized power cable touched a hydraulic lift he was working and struck him with a large amount of electricity, according to a Double Oak Police Department news release.

He was given CPR at the scene, the release stated.

Willis was taken to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Flower Mound, where he later died, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office.

Story via Star-Telegram.com

Free Electrical Safety Resources

Click Logo for Free Resources

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: