Home > Electrical Fire, Home > Electrical Outlet Malfunction Burns GA Home Down

Electrical Outlet Malfunction Burns GA Home Down

Norcross, GA – Firefighters say they found a two-story home up in flames around 4 a.m. in an unincorporated area of Norcross. Two parents and three teenagers were displaced in the fire and the family dog is still missing. The fire has been ruled an accident, the result of a electrical malfunction with a garage wall outlet and a power strip, according to fire investigators. 

Firefighters found smoke and heavy fire coming from the garage when they pulled into the home on the 6300 block of Delnorte Court, said Lt. Eric Eberly of the Gwinnett County Fire Dept. in a release. 

“Firefighters made an offensive attack to battle the blaze and to search for victims,” said Eberly. “The quick actions from firefighters kept the blaze from spreading to nearby homes.” Neighbors were temporarily evacuated in case the fire did spread. 

No injuries were reported in the fire, according to the fire department release. The damage to the home was described heavy around the garage area and moderate in other parts of the house. 

Story Via Norcross Patch

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: