Home > Industrial, Shock > 3 Roofers Shocked & Burned by High Voltage Wire in WV

3 Roofers Shocked & Burned by High Voltage Wire in WV

Bramwell, WV –   Three men repairing a roof at one of Bramwell’s historic homes were electrocuted Monday morning after high winds blew their ladder into a high-tension line. (note from blog editor – “electrocuted” is not being properly used here by the reporter.  Electrocuted means they have deceased by an electric shock, which these men did not.  The men were shocked and burned, but were not electrocuted).

The three men, who suffered second- and third-degree burns to their feet, were on the ground but conscious when emergency personnel arrived on scene, Bramwell Fire Chief Joe Miller said. All three were transported by the Bluefield Rescue Squad to Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Miller said the men’s injuries were not believed to be life threatening.

Story via Bluefield Daily Telegraph

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: