Home > Industrial, Shock > Electrician Gets High Voltage Shock Working at University of Arizona

Electrician Gets High Voltage Shock Working at University of Arizona

Tucson, AZ – An electrician suffered life threatening injuries this afternoon while working on the University of Arizona campus.

The man, in his 30s, “was performing routine maintenance in a high voltage trailer” when he was shocked, at about 1:30 p.m., Tucson Fire Capt. Jeff Langejans said.

The victim was taken to University Medical Center, where he was reportedly conscious and speaking.

The incident caused a power outage in and around campus – including street lights and UA buildings – for about 90 minutes.

Story via Arizona Daily Star

Free Electrical Safety Resources

Click Logo for Free Resources

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: