Home > Arc Flash, Industrial > Arc Flash in CT Grocery Store Injures Worker

Arc Flash in CT Grocery Store Injures Worker

Old Lyme, CT – Fire officials say a man received an electric shock at the Big Y World Class Market on Route 1 Thursday afternoon and was transported to the Shoreline Medical Center to meet a Life Star helicopter.

The man was shocked around 2:10 this afternoon and suffered severe burns to his hands and face, Old Lyme Fire Marshal David Roberge said.

The man was conscious but it appears to be fairly serious, he said.

Roberge said the man, in his 40s, is a Big Y employee and was working upstairs in an electrical room. Roberge said the man was working on a refrigeration system electrical panel when he experienced an arc flash. An arc flash is a high flash of energy, Roberge said.

The man was transported to the Shoreline Medical Center before he was flown to Bridgeport Hospital, Roberge said.

A call to the Big Y corporate office was not returned.

Story via TheDay.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: