Home > Arc Flash, Industrial > Arc Flash in FL Injures Electrician

Arc Flash in FL Injures Electrician

NAPLES, FL — An electrician is being treated at the hospital after suffering extensive burns during an electrical explosion at a Naples resort.  The explosion was most likely the result of an arc flash.

The Naples Daily News reports 24 hotel guests and 20 employees were evacuated from the Naples Bay Resort Thursday morning.

Fire rescue says the electrician was working in the second floor meter room when an electrical fault occurred, producing a fireball that severely burned his face and right side of his body. He was treated at the scene by firefighters before being taken to the hospital.

Story via OrlandoSentinnel.com

 

Free Electrical Safety Resources Martin Technical Arc Flash

Click Logo for Free Resources

 

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: