Home > Industrial, Shock > Power Line Shocks Electrical Worker in AK

Power Line Shocks Electrical Worker in AK

Fairhope, AK – Fairhope officials say Greg McCoy, and employee with the city of Fairhope Electrical Department, was injured.

They say it was the result of a shock caused by electrical contact. McCoy was performing work on a power line located on South Section Street at Morphy Avenue when the accident occurred.

He was taken to USA Medical Center in Mobile by Life-Flight helicopter.
Scott Sligh, Superintendent of the Electric Department, stated that Mr. McCoy was wearing all required safety equipment at the time. He also said the exact circumstances that led to the accident are under investigation.

Sligh said that Mr. McCoy was in an elevated aerial lift working on the power line when the electrical contact occurred and credits other electric department employees with saving McCoy.

Benjamin Patterson and Douglas Brown, employed with the electric department, were present at the work site and brought Mr. McCoy down safely, sought medical treatment, and are credited with saving his life.

A power outage occurred as a result of the accident, affecting wide-spread areas of Fairhope, but electrical service has been restored.

 

Story via Fox10TV.com

 
Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: