Home > Industrial, Shock > England: Company Negligent in Electrical Accident

England: Company Negligent in Electrical Accident

Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND:  A Cambridgeshire firm has been fined £3,500 after an employee was left unable to work for four months when he suffered an electric shock.

Tecvac pleaded guilty at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court to having neglected sufficient working safety standards.

Derek Offord, 45, was conducting a machinery operation at the company’s plant in Buckingway Business Park when he was shocked by electric volts from cables.

Mr Offord suffered gashes to parts of his arm and hands as well as burns to his left arm and knee. He remained in hospital for almost two weeks and was out of work for a further four months while his injuries healed.

An inquiry was held by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) into the incident, which took place on 28 July last year, and it was concluded that Tecvac failed to supply a necessary safe working environment and failed to maintain a safe electrical system.

Tecvac Limited, pleaded guilty to infringement of Regulation 4 (3) of the Electricity at Work Regulations and the company was charged £3,500 with costs of £5,380.

Story via IOSH.com

For an Electrical Safety Audit  and Electrical Safety Training contact:

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Services Arc Flash

Advertisement – Click on Ad to visit Martin Technical

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: