Home > Fatalities, Industrial, Legal > India: Workers Electrocuted, Owner Arrested for Negligence

India: Workers Electrocuted, Owner Arrested for Negligence

PUNE, INDIA: Two workers died due to electrocution at an ice cream manufacturing unit at Malwadi in Hadapsar on Wednesday. The incident took place when the two were working near a freezer and came in contact with a live electricity cable connected to it.

The Hadapsar police identified the deceased as Vinodsingh Shrisevaram Rajput (22), from Hadapsar, and Ramu Amarsingh Thakur (24), from Moshi. Rajput originally hailed from Rajasthan, while Thakur was from Uttar Pradesh. The owner of the unit, Prabhuram Chunnilal Kadwasara, a resident of Tupenagar in Hadapsar, was arrested by the police for causing death due to electrical safety negligence.

Story via Times of India

For Electrical Safety Services contact:

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Services Arc Flash

Advertisement – Click on Ad to visit Martin Technical

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: