Home > Shock, Uncategorized > CA: Raider Fans Suffer Electric Burns

CA: Raider Fans Suffer Electric Burns

OAKLAND, Calif. — Two football fans suffered electrical burns after they raised a flag pole into a high-voltage power line at the Oakland Coliseum.

Fire officials tell the Oakland Tribune alcohol may have been a factor in Sunday morning’s accident, and that the injuries were not considered life threatening.

Fire Department Battalion Chief Darin White said the pole was at least 20 feet tall, but he wasn’t sure what sort of flag the fans were hoisting ahead of the game between the Oakland Raiders and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pacific Gas & Electric said the transmission line was 115 kilovolt.

Story via sacbee.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: