Home > Arc Flash, Electrical Fire, Industrial, Shock > MD: Arc Flash Burns Contractor

MD: Arc Flash Burns Contractor

Landover, MD: A contractor was severely burned while repairing a Landover warehouse where a roof collapsed in June.

Shortly before 10 a.m. Tuesday, an arc flash or an electrical arc burned a man, believed to be in his 50s, while he was working on repairs in an underground vault at the warehouse at 1501 Cabin Branch Drive in Landover, according to Prince George’s County Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady.

The man, who suffered second-degree burns to his upper body, was conscious and breathing at the scene, and was transported to a local hospital, according to Brady.

The roof of the facility collapsed on June 28 while more than a dozen people were inside. One worker’s body was found in the rubble days later.

Story via washingtonexaminer.com

Visit Martin Techincal for Arc Flash Training Services:

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Services Arc Flash

Advertisement – Click on Ad to visit Martin Technical

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: