Home > Electrical Fire, Industrial > OR: Casino open after Electrical Fire

OR: Casino open after Electrical Fire

Warm Springs, OR:  An electrical short in a ticket-redemption machine sparked an electrical fire in a conference room at the Indian Head Casino early Thursday morning, and while a sprinkler system helped douse it quickly, some water damage in the office area prompted closure of the casino for much of the day.  Warm Springs Fire Chief Dan Martinez said the fire was reported around 5 a.m. on the office side of the new casino building along Highway 26, which replaced the casino location at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort.

Martinez told radio station KWSO at least one sprinkler head activated, causing water damage on the office side, but the fire was isolated to the conference room where it began. He said the short occurred in a new ATM-style machine that converts winning tickets into cash. Janell Smith, guest services manager at the casino, said the fire “caused large amounts of black smoke and water damage in the back of the house,” but firefighters were able to keep it from reaching the casino floor. Smith said the casino reopened at 3 p.m.,after results of an air quality test were received.

Story via www.ktvz.com

 

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: