Home > Electrical Fire, Home > IN: $5,000 in damages from Apartment Electrical Fire

IN: $5,000 in damages from Apartment Electrical Fire

Columbus, IN: The Columbus Fire Department says heat buildup due to a electrical problem in a second floor apartment caused an electrical fire and forced residents to be evacuated around 2:20 p.m. Sunday at 3338 South Country Brook.

Fire Department spokesman Matt Noblitt says firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to locate the source of the heat and smoke reported by the tenate Siva Rama Krzshnam Raji B.

Fire units removed as little ceiling as possible and cut power to the entire apartment to stop the threat. The apartment complex’s manager made arrangements for Siva’s family until the problem can be corrected. The apartment complex is owned by Equity Property Management.

No injuries were reported at the scene. Damage has been estimated at $5,000

Story via White River News

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: