Home > Electrical Fire, Industrial > PA: Electrical Fire Shuts Gabriel Brothers Down

PA: Electrical Fire Shuts Gabriel Brothers Down

York, PA: An electrical fire Wednesday afternoon closed businesses in a Springettsbury Township shopping plaza.

Fire crews were dispatched to Gabriel Brothers, 1226 Greensprings Drive, just after 4 p.m. for the fire, said Robert McCoy, chief of York Area United Fire and Rescue.

They arrived to find that an electrical box and transformer had overloaded, causing a small fire, he said.

All stores and businesses in the plaza were evacuated and power was shut off to the plaza as Met-Ed crews worked to isolate and fix the problem.

Damage was contained to electrical components, McCoy said.

Power had been restored to most businesses but Greensprings Family Medicine was still without power on Thursday morning, McCoy said.

Story via yorkdispatch.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: