Home > Fatalities, Industrial, International, Legal, Shock > India: 1 Electrocuted, 1 Seriously Burned

India: 1 Electrocuted, 1 Seriously Burned

India: Deedar Singh (57), a resident of Jastna Khurd village near Lalru and a POWERCOM employee, lost his life by getting an electric shock while working on an electricity pole near Chaudheri village in Lalru on Saturday. Jasbir Singh, another lineman accompanying him, sustained serious injuries during the incident.

According to POWERCOM’s SDO Kehar Singh, the two linemen were sent to conduct the repair work at Chaudheri village on Saturday.

The electricity supply to the line had been discontinued for repair and their fuse uninstalled, but due to heavy storms and rain during the day, the fuse got connected and current passed through the line due to which Deedar Singh sustained the shock, said the SDO.

Jasbir Singh was referred to GMCH-32 where his condition is said to be stable and the body of the deceased has been sent to Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi for conducting the postmortem while further proceedings have been initiated, said the police.

Story via indianexpress.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: