Home > Arc Flash, Shock > New York: Subcontractor Suffers Burn From Arc Flash

New York: Subcontractor Suffers Burn From Arc Flash

Rochester, NY: A man was injured from an electrical explosion at Advanced Glass Industries Inc. on Emerson Street just before 11:30 a.m. Thursday.

Rural Metro Ambulance Services reported that the man, 57, was taken with flash burn to Strong Memorial Hospital after the explosion, which occurred at 1335 Emerson St. He received burns to 25 percent of his body, mainly to his face, hands and arms, according to Capt. Joseph Luna of the Rochester Fire Department.

The man was a subcontractor who had been hired by the business to do electrical maintenance work, said Rochester Fire Department Battalion Chief Dan Mancuso. He said an arc flash, or an exposed current between two conductors, caused the injury.

Advanced Glass Industries is one of the world’s largest suppliers of precision machined optical glass blanks, molded optical glass blanks and slumped optical glass blanks, according to the company’s web site. The company was founded just after World War II as Fischer Optical, according to the website.

Story Via: www.democratandchronicle.com

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: