Archive

Posts Tagged ‘bangalore’

2 Construction Workers Killed in Electrical Accident

January 27, 2011 Leave a comment

BANGALORE, India –  Two persons were died of electrocution while working at an underconstruction building on Kaikondanahalli Road near Choodasandra in Parappana Agrahara police limits, on Tuesday night.

The deceased have been identified as Mallesh (22) and Subhash(24). Both of them hailed from Raichur district.

The incident was reported at a site where LGCL Construction Company is building around 100 villas.  

According to police, the two men were involved in drilling when they were electrocuted.

Subhash died on the spot, while Mallesh was taken to St John’s Hospital where the doctors declared him dead, police said.

Their bodies were shifted to Victoria Hospital for post mortem.

Parappana Agrahara police have registered a case of death due to negligence against the construction company. Owners, site engineers and supervisor have been booked.

Story via ExpressBuzz.com

Electrician Killed Wiring Hospital in

January 10, 2011 Leave a comment

Bangalore, India – Basavaraj from Hunsur was engrossed in wiring work on the terrace of an under construction eight-storey building on the Bowring hospital premises when he accidentally touched a live wire and suffered burns. He was rushed to the hospital’s emergency ward where he was declared brought dead, police said.

Basavaraj was working with the Bowring Hospital for the last three years. According to police, he was not a fully skilled electrician.

However, his brother Harish claimed that Basavaraj had turned off the main switch while working, and someone might have switched it on later, resulting in his death.

“We were informed about the mishap around 7 pm. We reached Bangalore around 1 pm. The body was not shown to us till Monday afternoon. It was only at 3.30 pm that the body was handed over to us,” Harish told Deccan Herald.

The police have booked a case of negligence against Nagarjuna Construction Company that is constructing the building.

Story via DeccanHerald.com

2 Painters in India Electrocuted When Electric Wire Touches Wet Floor

November 4, 2010 Leave a comment

BANGALORE, INDIA – Two painters from Orissa were electrocuted in an under construction building on Marathahalli outer ring road late last night, police said today. They were working in the building for which a temporary electricity connection had been taken. An electric wire suddenly got cut  and the duo who were standing on a wet floor were electrocuted, police said.

Story via DeccanHerald.com