Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Brownsville’

Man Shocked by Water Heater

January 13, 2011 1 comment

Brownsville, TS – Almost electrocuted in Brownsville – At about 11:20 a.m. Wednesday, dispatchers received a call that a 37-year-old man received an electric shock while attempting to adjust the water heater. The home is in the 900 block of Kirk Avenue. Lebanon medics responded, as did Brownsville firefighters. The man was well enough to ride in his own car to get medical treatment.

Storfy via DemocratHerald

Electric Short Causes Fire at Church in TX

December 2, 2010 Leave a comment

BROWNSVILLE, TX – The fire that forced a church to hold service outside is believed to have been an accident, according to the Brownsville fire chief.

Fire investigators say an electrical short started under the stage of Brownsville Fellowship Christian Church on Central Boulevard yesterday morning.

Investigators say a Christmas tree inside was not the source of the fire, but that the electrical short started the blaze and spread to the tree.

The church was forced to hold service outside Sunday morning. The building has major smoke damage.

Story via KRGV.com