Archive

Posts Tagged ‘church’

1 Killed, 5 Injured when Steel Pipe Hits High Voltage Wire in Philippines

December 6, 2010 Leave a comment

Oton, Philippines – A carpenter was electrocuted while five of his fellow workers sustained severe burns after a steel pipe they were installing at the Iglesia ni Kristo church in Oton, Iloilo church hit a high tension wire.

Oton Councilor Japhet Salinas said the steel pipe which the victims were using in construction work accidentally touched the electric wire of the Iloilo Electric Cooperative I’s main line.

The fatality was identified as Rogelio Cabarubias of Antique province, who sustained severe burns and wounds.

The survivors, whose names were not immediately available, were brought to a nearby hospital for treatment of burns and contusions.

The construction workers were rushing the completion of the Iglesia ni Kristo church for the scheduled inauguration on December 18.

Story via thenewstoday.info

Electric Short Causes Fire at Church in TX

December 2, 2010 Leave a comment

BROWNSVILLE, TX – The fire that forced a church to hold service outside is believed to have been an accident, according to the Brownsville fire chief.

Fire investigators say an electrical short started under the stage of Brownsville Fellowship Christian Church on Central Boulevard yesterday morning.

Investigators say a Christmas tree inside was not the source of the fire, but that the electrical short started the blaze and spread to the tree.

The church was forced to hold service outside Sunday morning. The building has major smoke damage.

Story via KRGV.com

NC Church Sustains $75K in Damages from Electrical Fire

October 27, 2010 Leave a comment

GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA – A large Wendover Avenue church sustained $75,000 in damage Wednesday morning after an electrical fire broke out in the attic.

Crews responded to Shining Light Baptist Church on 4530 W. Wendover Ave. around 8:40 a.m. Wednesday.

Guilford County fire marshal Alan Perdue said the fire seems to have started with an electrical junction box in the attic, and crews had to cut a hole in the roof in order to gain access to the attic.

There was smoke and water damage to the sanctuary, Perdue said. The neighboring Shining Light Academy was not affected by the fire.

Story via myfox8.com

Electrical Short Destroyed St. Theresa’s Church in Edcouch TX

October 20, 2010 Leave a comment

EDCOUCH, TEXAS – Investigators concluded the fire that destroyed an Edcouch church was an accident. The cause was determined as an electrical short. St. Theresa’s Church was under renovation at the time.

Father Ernesto Medina is still holding mass for congregation members in the church hall. Father Medina says rebuilding hasn’t started yet but plans are underway. Insurance will cover most of the cost but church members are helping too. Fundraisers like bingo night are helping church goers raise money.

Engineers are already getting things ready. He still doesn’t know when rebuilding will start but he’s confident that should be soon.

Story via KRGV.com