Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Electrical short’

OR: Casino open after Electrical Fire

October 15, 2012 Leave a comment

Warm Springs, OR:  An electrical short in a ticket-redemption machine sparked an electrical fire in a conference room at the Indian Head Casino early Thursday morning, and while a sprinkler system helped douse it quickly, some water damage in the office area prompted closure of the casino for much of the day.  Warm Springs Fire Chief Dan Martinez said the fire was reported around 5 a.m. on the office side of the new casino building along Highway 26, which replaced the casino location at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort.

Martinez told radio station KWSO at least one sprinkler head activated, causing water damage on the office side, but the fire was isolated to the conference room where it began. He said the short occurred in a new ATM-style machine that converts winning tickets into cash. Janell Smith, guest services manager at the casino, said the fire “caused large amounts of black smoke and water damage in the back of the house,” but firefighters were able to keep it from reaching the casino floor. Smith said the casino reopened at 3 p.m.,after results of an air quality test were received.

Story via www.ktvz.com

 

Advertisements

$100K Fire at Rite Aid in FL Ruled Electrical Short

October 29, 2010 Leave a comment
GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA – The cause of Thursday morning’s fire at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on South Enota Drive in Gainesville has been determined.

“The fire was from an electrical short in a condensation unit on top of a drink cooler,” said Gainesville Fire Chief Jon Canada.

Canada said the fire caused more than $100,000 worth of damage to the building. He said all of the contents inside the store will probably have to be discarded because of the smoke damage, increasing the damage estimate significantly.

Canada said the store will remain closed for several weeks, and he says Rite Aid officials will have some kind of plan in place for its pharmacy customers.

Emergency personnel responded to the fire around 11 a.m.

“Upon our arrival of our first units they reported heavy smoke coming from the building,” Canada said. “We made an interior attack on the fire. We did have a good bit of fire inside of the business.”

Crews from three fire stations remained on the scene removing debris and putting out hot spots and tracing the cause of the fire. Customers and employees were inside the building when the fire broke out but they were all able to get out without injury.

Electrical Short Destroyed St. Theresa’s Church in Edcouch TX

October 20, 2010 Leave a comment

EDCOUCH, TEXAS – Investigators concluded the fire that destroyed an Edcouch church was an accident. The cause was determined as an electrical short. St. Theresa’s Church was under renovation at the time.

Father Ernesto Medina is still holding mass for congregation members in the church hall. Father Medina says rebuilding hasn’t started yet but plans are underway. Insurance will cover most of the cost but church members are helping too. Fundraisers like bingo night are helping church goers raise money.

Engineers are already getting things ready. He still doesn’t know when rebuilding will start but he’s confident that should be soon.

Story via KRGV.com