Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Gabriel Brothers’

PA: Electrical Fire Shuts Gabriel Brothers Down

December 21, 2012 Leave a comment

York, PA: An electrical fire Wednesday afternoon closed businesses in a Springettsbury Township shopping plaza.

Fire crews were dispatched to Gabriel Brothers, 1226 Greensprings Drive, just after 4 p.m. for the fire, said Robert McCoy, chief of York Area United Fire and Rescue.

They arrived to find that an electrical box and transformer had overloaded, causing a small fire, he said.

All stores and businesses in the plaza were evacuated and power was shut off to the plaza as Met-Ed crews worked to isolate and fix the problem.

Damage was contained to electrical components, McCoy said.

Power had been restored to most businesses but Greensprings Family Medicine was still without power on Thursday morning, McCoy said.

Story via yorkdispatch.com

Advertisements