Posts Tagged ‘Indiana township’

2 Men Shocked in IN Installing Light Fixtures

January 10, 2011 Leave a comment

Indiana Township, PA – Two people were hospitalized as a result of an industrial accident Thursday afternoon at Medrad Inc. in Indiana Township, according to Allegheny County emergency dispatchers.

A company spokeswoman said two men working for an electrical contractor were installing light fixtures about 1:30 p.m. when one of them came into contact with a live electrical source.

He was shocked and suffered burns on his hands, the spokeswoman said. The second electrician came to his aid, and that man was shocked, too.

The first man was hospitalized for treatment of his injuries, and the second man was taken to a hospital as a precaution, she said.

No further details on the incident were available.

Story via

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Service

Advertisement - Click on Ad to visit Martin Technical

Man Shocked in PA Working on Light Ballast

December 30, 2010 Leave a comment

INDIANA TWP., Pa. — Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said that a 20-year-old man was knocked unconscious after being electrocuted by a light ballast in Indiana Township.

The incident happened at Medrad Inc., around 2 p.m. on Thursday.

Dispatchers said that the man had to be rescued from the roof of a building.

The man was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital in critical condition.  

Indiana Township police are investigating the incident

Story via

Free Electrical Safety Resources