Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Landover’

MD: Arc Flash Burns Contractor

October 8, 2012 Leave a comment

Landover, MD: A contractor was severely burned while repairing a Landover warehouse where a roof collapsed in June.

Shortly before 10 a.m. Tuesday, an arc¬†flash¬†or an electrical arc burned a man, believed to be in his 50s, while he was working on repairs in an underground vault at the warehouse at 1501 Cabin Branch Drive in Landover, according to Prince George’s County Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady.

The man, who suffered second-degree burns to his upper body, was conscious and breathing at the scene, and was transported to a local hospital, according to Brady.

The roof of the facility collapsed on June 28 while more than a dozen people were inside. One worker’s body was found in the rubble days later.

Story via washingtonexaminer.com

Visit Martin Techincal for Arc Flash Training Services:

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Services Arc Flash

Advertisement – Click on Ad to visit Martin Technical