Archive

Posts Tagged ‘meter’

Arc Flash in FL Injures Electrician

December 16, 2011 Leave a comment

NAPLES, FL — An electrician is being treated at the hospital after suffering extensive burns during an electrical explosion at a Naples resort.  The explosion was most likely the result of an arc flash.

The Naples Daily News reports 24 hotel guests and 20 employees were evacuated from the Naples Bay Resort Thursday morning.

Fire rescue says the electrician was working in the second floor meter room when an electrical fault occurred, producing a fireball that severely burned his face and right side of his body. He was treated at the scene by firefighters before being taken to the hospital.

Story via OrlandoSentinnel.com

 

Free Electrical Safety Resources Martin Technical Arc Flash

Click Logo for Free Resources