Archive

Posts Tagged ‘norcross’

Electrical Outlet Malfunction Burns GA Home Down

November 28, 2011 Leave a comment

Norcross, GA – Firefighters say they found a two-story home up in flames around 4 a.m. in an unincorporated area of Norcross. Two parents and three teenagers were displaced in the fire and the family dog is still missing. The fire has been ruled an accident, the result of a electrical malfunction with a garage wall outlet and a power strip, according to fire investigators. 

Firefighters found smoke and heavy fire coming from the garage when they pulled into the home on the 6300 block of Delnorte Court, said Lt. Eric Eberly of the Gwinnett County Fire Dept. in a release. 

“Firefighters made an offensive attack to battle the blaze and to search for victims,” said Eberly. “The quick actions from firefighters kept the blaze from spreading to nearby homes.” Neighbors were temporarily evacuated in case the fire did spread. 

No injuries were reported in the fire, according to the fire department release. The damage to the home was described heavy around the garage area and moderate in other parts of the house. 

Story Via Norcross Patch

Advertisements