Posts Tagged ‘roofer’

3 Roofers Shocked & Burned by High Voltage Wire in WV

December 2, 2011 Leave a comment

Bramwell, WV –   Three men repairing a roof at one of Bramwell’s historic homes were electrocuted Monday morning after high winds blew their ladder into a high-tension line. (note from blog editor – “electrocuted” is not being properly used here by the reporter.  Electrocuted means they have deceased by an electric shock, which these men did not.  The men were shocked and burned, but were not electrocuted).

The three men, who suffered second- and third-degree burns to their feet, were on the ground but conscious when emergency personnel arrived on scene, Bramwell Fire Chief Joe Miller said. All three were transported by the Bluefield Rescue Squad to Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Miller said the men’s injuries were not believed to be life threatening.

Story via Bluefield Daily Telegraph