Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Sharda Mahe’

INDIA: Woman Electrocuted Touching Switch Board with Wet Hands

January 9, 2013 Leave a comment

NAGPUR, INDIA: Lack of awareness and safety measures claimed the life of a 30-year-old woman who was electrocuted while working with her husband at Navkanya Nagar in Kalamna on Sunday. The couple was digging a well when the incident took place.

It’s learnt that Gnyaneshwar Mahe and his wife Sharda were excavating the earth to construct a well at the residence of one Shyamrao Dabhelkar. As Gnyaneshwar was digging, he asked his wife to throw out the accumulating water. It was at this time when Sharda came in contact with an electric switch board of the motor pump. She collapsed following electrocution and was rushed to a private hospital where she was declared dead. Police said that Sharda had touched the switch board with wet hands. Kalamna police registered a case of accidental death.

Story via Times of India