Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Todd Legg’

WA: Firefighters save home from Electrical Fire

March 21, 2013 Leave a comment

Snoqualmie, WA:  A quick response by the Carnation Fire Department Thursday, March 14, saved a home in the 5900 block of 322nd Avenue Northeast.

The electrical fire, reported at 8:38 a.m., appeared to start in the fuse box on the dryer, when a resident of the home was doing laundry, said King County Fire Investigator Todd Legg.

Reportedly, the resident had just started the dryer when she heard sparking, Legg said, and she found flames coming from the electrical panel. From the dryer, the fire spread to the home’s meter box, but the damage was quickly contained.

“The response from the fire department was two minutes,” Legg said.

Eastside Fire and Rescue reported that all occupants of the home were safely evacuated and no injuries were reported. There was some smoke in the home.

Firefighters left the scene around 10 a.m., and the fire investigation has been concluded.

Story via valleyrecord.com

Advertisements